- Board games: Children with autism may also enjoy many different types of board games ranging from Connect 4 to Chess. Many board games offer opportunities to improve language, problem-solving or math skills along with social interaction.
- Computer and electronic games: Computer games can help children with autism in educational areas such as learning new vocabulary, practicing math skills or improving eye-hand coordination. Both educational computer games developed for autistic and non-autistic children are appropriate.
- Singing and dancing games: Dvds of singing and dancing games can also provide an activity that a child with autism may enjoy alone or with a group. These types of games encourage improvements in social interaction as well as healthy movement and sensory processing. Some children’s TV shows with dancing such as Yo Gabba Gabba also incorporate games with dancing.
- Preschool interactive group games: Some young children with autism enjoy interactive games with nursery rhymes and coordinated movements such as The Itsy Bitsy Spider or Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
Category Archives: General
Famous People Suspected To Have Autism
- Virginia Woolf-Prolific writer rumored to write only while standing up
- Andrew Jackson-Former President of the U.S. said to believe the world was flat
- Daryl Hannah-Actress diagnosed with borderline autism
- Sue Rubin-The subject of the documentary Autism is a World
- Woody Allen-Brilliant director and actor who exhibits some signs
- Bob Dylan-Musician who is rumored to be borderline autistic
- Andy Kaufman-Famous comic and actor whose odd behavior indicated autism
- Vincent van Gogh-An eccentric, yet extremely talented, artist who exhibited some traits of autism
- Andy Warhol-Another brilliant artist whose behavior indicates possible autism
- Bill Gates-American business magnate, philanthropist, author and chairman of Microsoft
- Isaac Newton-English physicist, mathematician, and astronomer
- Albert Einstein-German-born theoretical physicist who developed the theory of general relativity
- Steven Spielberg-American film director, screenwriter, film producer and studio executive
- Dawn Prince Hughes-PhD, primate anthropologist, ethologist
- Matthew Laborteaux-Actor on Little House on the Prairie
- Temple Grandin-Author and inspiration for a movie about her life
- 1 in every 13 people on Earth is on Facebook
- In 20 minutes 1,000,000 links are shared on Facebook
- In 20 minutes 1,484,000 event invites are posted
- In 20 minutes 1,323,000 photos are tagged
- In 20 minutes 1,851,000 status updates are entered
- In 20 minutes 1.972 million friend requests are accepted
- In 20 minutes 10.2 million comments are posted
- 48% of 18 to 34 year olds check Facebook right when they wake up
- 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- More than 70 translations available on the site
- About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
- People on Facebook install 20 million applications every day
- There are more than 250 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices
- People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice as active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
- The meaning of the term poke has never been defined
- There is over 16,000,000 Facebook fan pages
Signs of Autism
Some of the early signs of autism:
- Does not babble, point, or make meaningful gestures by 1 year of age
- Does not speak one word by 16 months
- Does not combine two words by 2 years
- Does not respond to name
- Loses language or social skills
- Poor eye contact
- Doesn’t seem to know how to play with toys or excessively lines up toys or other objects
- Is attached to one particular toy or object
- Doesn’t smile or interact joyfully
- At times seems to be hearing impaired
Monkey In Dublin Zoo
Scientific name: Macaca nigra
IUCN status: Endangered
Habitat: Indonesia Sulawesi and Bacan islands, and Philippean shores – tropical rainforests and coast
Diet: Mainly herbivore – including leaves, roots, sprouts, buds, fruit, insects, caterpillars
Google Plus Facts
- It has been confirmed that later in the year, there will be a business version of Google Plus.
- Mark Zuckerberg (founder of Facebook) joined Google+ just after its launch and he has more followers than Larry Page (founder of Google), who currently has the second most followers on G+.
- Google+ has a video chat feature, known as hangouts, in which up to ten people can be included in a video call, the sad thing is that this doesn’t work on mobile devices yet.
- The Google+ Hangouts work with Google Translate to make multi-language communication possible instantly. Skype doesn’t support this, nor does the new Facebook Video Calling.
- Unlike Facebook, there are no advertisements displayed over Google’s social network site, making the load time faster and overall keeping Google+ users from getting confused.
- There is a 5000 maximum friend limit on every Google+ profile.