Category Archives: General
Google Plus Facts
- It has been confirmed that later in the year, there will be a business version of Google Plus.
- Mark Zuckerberg (founder of Facebook) joined Google+ just after its launch and he has more followers than Larry Page (founder of Google), who currently has the second most followers on G+.
- Google+ has a video chat feature, known as hangouts, in which up to ten people can be included in a video call, the sad thing is that this doesn’t work on mobile devices yet.
- The Google+ Hangouts work with Google Translate to make multi-language communication possible instantly. Skype doesn’t support this, nor does the new Facebook Video Calling.
- Unlike Facebook, there are no advertisements displayed over Google’s social network site, making the load time faster and overall keeping Google+ users from getting confused.
- There is a 5000 maximum friend limit on every Google+ profile.
Graveyard In Glendalough’s Monastic City
I changed the theme for the blog, I was looking for a theme with wide width. I think this will be better for the Photography posts which I think it will be the main category in the blog
Drawing O’Briens in Wexford
I went to Wexford on Saturday 30th of July, The Wexford Festival of Plein Air Painting was on. A lot of artists on the streets with beautiful paintings and drawings.
- Dorsey’s Twitter account @jack automatically sent out the first tweet, ‘just setting up my twttr,’ on 21 March 2006 and Dorsey followed it up with the first ‘human-generated’ tweet ‘inviting coworkers’.
- Twitter has more than 200m registered users sending more than 140m tweets a day.
- Last year, Twitter users sent 25bn tweets and the company added more than 100 million new registered accounts. It has averaged 460,000 new accounts per day over the past month.
- Pop star Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) has the most Twitter followers with 8.78m followed by Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) with 8.13m million, Britney Spears (@britneyspears) with 7.12m, Barack Obama (@barackobama) with 6.97m and Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian) with 6.73m.
- Actor Charlie Sheen (@charliesheen) was the fastest to one million followers, picking them up in just 24 hours.
- The hashtag (#) feature on Twitter which groups tweets by subject debuted in August 2007, proposed by a user.
- In October 2009, Google and Microsoft began integrating tweets into their search products.
- Twitter has 400 employees and is adding workers almost weekly.
- Twitter is based in San Francisco, with additional employees in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Washington.
- Twitter was incorporated in April 2007; it was co-founded by Biz Stone, Evan Williams and Jack Dorsey – @biz, @ev and @jack.
- The initial Twitter logo was created by Stone, a former graphic designer.
- Twitter chief executive Dick Costolo is a former improvisational comedian.